Monday, May 14, 2012

Bella's Monarch

Bella reads everything and she is quite the nature girl.  She found a cocoon and knew just what to do.  She made this tee pee and found some milkweed and, behold, a monarch!  I have lots of monarch milkweed but have not seen a monarch.  Maybe the elevation is not suitable. 
The butterfly reminds me of a dear friend I lost.  We had a disagreement over me spraying milkweed.  Not the butterfly milkweed but a noxious invasive milkweed that poisons livestock. I have to spray that out because we have not managed it for several years and it is becoming a real problem in the fields.  It won't show up for another month but when it does, I am ready.  Not that I like spraying.  I would rather do about anything else but I will do what I have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment