Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weeds

The earth was once a 'Garden of Eden'.  We all know what happened.  There were no weeds in the garden until the destroyer conniver serpent fooled the folks.
On a horse farm/ranch Lucifer has a hand in making it tough on you.  All I have been able to do this year is spray weeds.  True, I let it go from year to year and some areas I let go for years on end.  You pay the price when you don't pluck the weeds of your soul and you pay the price when you don't deal with the weeds of the field.

It is a hot and hard job to tug around a 2.5gal sprayer, empty it and go back for more.  I would rather ride or sew or garden or read.  But, I love the inventors of spray tanks and chemicals.  We will thwart the demon one way or another.  God bless the chemists and inventors.  2-4-D is an amazing compound.  8oz in the 2.5gal and you can spot spray or broadcast spray.  Your grass will not be damaged!  Some areas are so dense with poison milkweed, dock and misc weeds that I have to cover the whole area.  Only grass remains.  How cool is that?  I can use 8oz of gly-star (generic round-up) on the worst stuff like elm trees and olive trees. 

Speaking of olive trees, they are blooming and smell so good.  The bees are plentiful.  Anyone who has a bee shortage should have an olive tree.  We have dozens so you can imagine the sweet smell in the air.

My arms hurt and I have only sprayed about 1/5th of the worst area.  But, as my Hawaii son says, 'it is all good'.  Especially on the farm.  No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment